A guide to the Osheaga Music festival, all the in’s and out’s for next year.
Back to back festivals this past month was quite the adventure. I love live music and am so excited I got to experience two totally different types of festivals this summer. While Way Home reminded me of Coachella, Osheaga in Montreal reminded me a bit of Gov Ball in NYC. The festival, more spread out in a park and no camping, gives it a different vibe. More like each show is its own concert. It was fun to roam around and explore all the different areas they set up. The water park a nice little addition as well as hammocks in the woods. I headed there with my festival soul sisters, Natalie and Dylana Suarez. We rocked Dynamite looks throughout the festival, always leaning towards more simple pieces and adding our own flare like neck ties and backpacks to each look. I decided to share a few tips for you to bank for next year for music festivals. Specifically this one since it is one of the biggest on the east coast.
A 9 step guide to the Osheaga Music festival:
1. Bring a water bottle, they do not take away water at entry at this festival
2. Eat the food truck food, they had the best veggie one
3. Wear closed shoes, converse or booties that applies to all festivals
4. Bring a blanket to sit on
5. If you can, go for the VIP experience
6. Leave 20 min before the last act is done to beat the rush
7. Have a dance party behind the crowds with your girls
8. Bring Cash so you can buy beers from the walking sellers
9. Download the app so you can plan what shows to watch
10. Get a subway pass
Here is to being super prepped and ready to take on a full season of music festivals next summer. I am already so excited. Stay tuned for a special summer music playlist along with festival beauty post coming soon.