Sharing my Instagram guide to Paris, how to and where to snap the perfect pictures to capture the city of light and all its magic.
When in Paris…
Paris! The city of love, the city of lights the city of some kind of photogenic magic. A few weeks ago, my friend Cara and I were in Paris for the tail end of fashion week. Our mission discover all the most Instagram perfect spots in the city. I think we did a pretty good job and I have never had an influx of so many photo location questions on Instagram Stories! So here goes my Paris guide to the perfect instagram experience.
Paris Instagram photo tips
- Dont be afraid of the tourist spots they are all worth sharing! There is also always a way to get the perfect picture without someone in the way, just find the angle.
2. Plan your day around where you want to be at sunset for magic hour. That will be your final destination and then work your way backward to the perfect route.
3. Bring comfortable shoes to walk in, since most of the time walking is where you discover hidden gems.
4. Next to the busy perfect alley, is always one that has no people and is just as picturesque.
5. Its worth it to get up for sunrise! Always!
6. Make sure your hotel has french windows
Instagram photo locations
1. Café de Flore
2. Clock at the top of the Musée d’Orsay – its in a café early mornings are better
3. Alley opposite to Collette Caffe on Rue saint Honoré
4. Trocadero steps with the view of the Eiffel tower
5. Musée du Louvre – stand on the ledge of the fountain to avoid people not on the front domes
6. Le Marais neighborhood – treat yourself to a Amorino IceCream
7. Jarin du Palais Royal
8. Cafe Kitsune – its small but the coffee is so good
9. Chanel Boutique at Place Vendome – before the store opens at 9am
10. Ladurée on Champs Elysees
11. Pont Neuf bridge – at sunset find the locks
12. Along the sides of Jardin Tuileries – Snap the beautiful buildings
13. Rooftop of the Galeries Lafayette
14. Inside the Chloé store on 50 Avenue Montaigne
The opportunities are endless I highly recommend finding at least on spot to shoot a picture from a roof top. Paris is so unique in that the buildings are never really built that high to preserve the perfect skyline. So the views are endless even from the 4th floor rood top. My favorite shot from the trip was from the top of the Galaries Lafayette. It was so breath taking seeing over the entire city with only the Eiffel Tower as a high point. The opportunities are endless and of course I am missing so many places but these are my highlights, if you have any other great spots to add let me know in the comments and I will add them to my list for next time. Happy snapping and Happy Monday!
> > > > >